Thursday, August 20, 2015

Steve & Mark


Now that it is legal for them to be married in the US - my brother, Steve and his partner, Mark got hitched! We all flew out to Sanibel Island, Florida to be with them. It was a beautiful evening on the beach, and a sweet ceremony. 
We all went out to eat at a fantastic restaurant close by - several passers by stopped to congratulate them! 
 I love my brother and Mark and no matter how our opinions and beliefs may differ - I support them and am so happy that they are happy! Family is for sure the most important thing! 

Mark and Steve
August 20, 2015



Steve and Margie Akin, Ethan, Matt and Stephanie Marquis, David and Diane Akin (and me behind the camera!)


It took a very long time - years and years actually - for my dad to show Steve that he was proud of him. This hug after the ceremony was a bigger deal than I can express!


No comments: