Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Cake

Yay! I am finally 37!! I spent a good part of last year mistakenly believing that I was already this age - so today it was nice to finally own it!
Tommy informed me that he and the kids were making me a special cake - "a robot cake", he says. I think - "OK -this should be interesting"
He presented the idea to Maggie, and this is what she came up with

the sketch

putting the robot together

YUCK - Maggie licking frosting off of her fingers...
and then smoothing out the top of the cake. (Seriously, no steps in between licking and smoothing!) Yep, I can't wait to eat this cake!

The Cake Boss is Maggie's hero!
(did anyone see the blindfold challenge episode?!)
My AWESOME ROBOT CAKE!!!
Thanks to Tommy, Maggie and Tim - I have never had such a great cake!!
I can't wait to see what I get next year!

5 comments:

Jared and Lindsey said...

Happy Happy Birthday! I love your robot cake! We hope you had a great day even with the spit frosting on the cake. Jared asks, "Has it been that long? I remember when you turned 30. You'll always be 29 in my eyes." He really misses you guys so much! We love you!

Stefanie said...

TOO cute!! What a GREAT family you have.

Laura said...

Wow, how creative! What an awesome cake!

The Burnetts said...

Happy 37th birthday Jen! Cute cake! HOpe you had you a great one!

Kels said...

Thank you to everyone fasting for Levi, but especially Maggie. I was so touched when you wrote that Maggie NEVER fasts, but she did for Levi. Thanks for the tears that day :) We love ya'll and are so grateful for such amazing and selfless people in our lives.

Kelsie