Monday, March 3, 2014

FOURTEEN!!

 Tim is FOURTEEN years old today!!
Here are some things that I know to be true of my handsome boy --
and some photos from this past year


He is musical - he loves to sing and play the piano and has a talent/passion for both!
He spends several hours a day on the piano and gets so frustrated that homework,
 chores and sleep interfere with his piano time!
He ALWAYS has his headphones in his ears listening to music. If I ask him to be quiet - he just dances! I have come to discover recently, that I think he isn't merely enjoying the music, but actually picking it apart and breaking down each song in order to learn to play it or sing it to perfection!
Acapella groups are his favorite. 


He loves to read books - any book really. He also loves to watch movies and draw.
His favorite author is Rick Riordin - and he likes 'guy' movies, like The A Team. I would list more, but I don't keep up with those dumb movies!


He loves soccer - goal keeping in particular. He has really developed a skill for that position and he enjoys playing keeper in both indoor and outdoor games. 
Indoor may be his favorite because of its fast pace.


His sister is his best friend, but his dad is a close second! 
Actually - Tim truly believes that EVERYONE is a friend - maybe just one he hasn't met yet! He talks to every person he comes across and he never fails to brighten the day of a stranger!



He loves fast food - Popeye's, Cane's, Chicken Express and ChikfilA - it seems that he likes chicken! 
His favorite 'at home' meals are Eggs Benedict & Chicken Cordon Bleau.
He loves chocolate milk and peanut butter (although, sadly, he is allergic to peanuts - and shrimp, sesame seeds and soy!)


Tim is witty and sarcastic, but never mean-spirited. He is kind and has a very big, gentle heart. His is spiritual and has a strong testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Tim is a kid who, no matter how many times he may feel knocked down, ALWAYS gets back up with a smile on his face. He is forgiving. He is happy. He thinks he is a charmer - I think he is on his way to becoming a professional B.S-er!! He loves to dress nicely. He loves cats. Tim is a lover - he will not hesitate to smother me with hugs and kisses and snuggles. He is not at all embarrassed by his need to show affection - especially to me. I bet I get hugs from Tim at least 20 times a day!
 He will be a great husband and father one day, as he respects women and understands that when his sister givers him advice on girls - he should take it! 
He annoys me and is obnoxious pretty much every day - but I've dealt with it for 14 years now - I guess I'll keep him!

No comments: