Monday, December 7, 2009

just the weekend

If I really think about it, we didn't do anything all that great this weekend, but I felt like we were go, go, going everyday! I may need a nap sometime soon!

Tommy stayed home for the most part working on a few little home improvement jobs (new seal on shower door, new light bulbs in each room etc.) while I carted the kids around.
Friday night - movies for mag and tim and friends, friends staying the night - bedtime for me, 2:30a.m.
maggie and friend Chris

Saturday - up early for Christmas Parade, Forney hometown Christmas celebration for the rest of the day, kids enjoying being out and about with friends. Even though it was cold and windy, we were there long enough that I got a little sunburned!

Big Slide- a Hometown Christmas tradition!

yep - it was VERY muddy in the "kids section"

Mag with friend Allie

Tim and friend Tyler

maggie and friend/apparent lover, Amber

Friends - sarah, jessica and maggie

BFF Haley danced on the main stage a few times

Maggie with friend Chris
P.S. - I love this photo!

Then home long enough to brush our teeth and to grab some much needed advil, before I had to drive Maggie to a stake Christmas party. After the party, I got to hang out with her and a couple of friends at starbucks (CARAMEL APPLE SPICE!!!) - bedtime - Midnight.
Scotty, Leighana, Maggie, Carlie, Justin


Sunday - new church time - way too early! - had a couple of friends over for lunch, then went to the baptism of some new friends. (Tommy confirmed both boys, and I cried a bit - I always do when I hear him give any sort of blessing! I am SO grateful that he is a worthy priesthood holder) Bedtime -11:00.

So - again nothing great happened, but the cold weather, and the late nights (I am old enough that 10:00 is too late for me!) have made me tired! Now it is 5:00 a.m. and I am looking forward to that nap!!! Crossing my fingers that I get it!

2 comments:

Leighana said...

weekends just go by too fast! gahh! it always seems like you need time to nap. and im gonna have to try that thing from starbucks!

amber said...

yes, yes we are lovers!!
giddy up santa