Monday, September 27, 2010

Divine Nature Room Redo


Maggie's 16th birthday is coming up and after much deliberation, she decided to redecorate her room instead of having a party.
(kind of made me sad - I've been planning her sweet 16 since she was born!)

Anyway, she wanted her room to look really different, so she began shopping for styles that she liked months ago.

After a trip or two to different stores with her, I suggested that she check her personal progress book to see if all of these shopping hours could be used towards any of her goals. Sure enough - it would be perfect for her 10 hour project in Divine Nature!!


So she began keeping a pretty detailed notebook of her hours, things she wanted, prices, pictures, color swatches, receipts etc.

Here is her room before:


notice the color test for just the right yellow on her wall?

Finally - we began the project

Tommy hired Scotty to help build the wall that she wanted

during all of this, maggie was diagnosed with mono and ordered to rest - she refused because she was eager to finish - but sometimes, she gave in to being wiped out!



her cool new fan

putting together some furniture - at about 1:00 a.m. - she chose to buy all of the main pieces from affordable Ikea in order to stay on budget
(by the way, she DID NOT succeed in that effort - not even close!)

again - the before...
...the after

before...
...after
before...
... after
Thanks to daddy and Scott for building the wall, and to Mariah for sewing all of those pillows!

1 comment:

Leighana said...

ooh. i love the built-in. unfortunately, my room is way small so that wouldn't work in mine. I LOVE the yellow though! My room seriously needs to be redone so bad! It has not been redecorated since it was my sisters room a long time ago!

Oh and thanks for mentioning it was a Divine Nature project! That is totally how I will convince my mom to let me redo my room. Shes the Personal Progress leader in our ward..she can NOT say no! :P