Thursday, December 3, 2015

November wrap up

The end of November has FINALLY come - which means December is here - which means Maggie will be home in just over 2 weeks!!!! 

We spent Thanksgiving with Tommy's parents in East Texas, but I neglected to take any photos - but I do have a few lame cell phone pics from the last weeks of November that I can share!


First - we had the best surprise visit from Austin! 
(He grew up in our ward - Tommy was his youth leader when he was a teenager - he was a staple in our home back then)
I got a phone call from Mat Richards - 
Mat - Hey where are you? I'm at your house trying to drop off "cookies"
Me - I'm headed to the grocery store - just leave them on the porch.
Mat - No! These are very special "cookies"
Me - I will be home in an hour, just leave them.
Mat - No! These are extremely perishable "cookies"
Mat - Totally exasperated sigh, hang up.
The next thing I know, I am being stalked at Kroger by these two guys! I was so excited to see Austin - we haven't seen him in several years! Best "cookies" ever!

Sadly, he got food poisoning from a local restaurant and spent one of his days with us being very sick.

Early Thanksgiving morning with Tommy


Maggie spent the holiday with a total stranger and his family.
(the guy in black next to her, on the floor)
His mom was nice enough to invite some of the students who didn't have the luxury of traveling home to have dinner with her family at their vacation home. 
At first Maggie did not want to go - but her roommates did, so she went ahead and had a wonderful time! Thanks to Spencer and his mom for taking in my holiday orphan!

maggie in front (pink socks)
the row behind her sitting on the couch, her roommates 

Kenzie, Maggie, Brooke, Ali, Charlotte & Paige

Random: 
Maggie in a game tee

Tim and I had lunch at Fish City - he developed a serious relationship with the Asparagus Soup!
Everyone must try this soup - I mean, really - he is a 15 year old, typical teenage, fast food addicted
guy - and he LOVED it!

Maggie and JJ on a post-Thanksgiving waterfall hike!

Maggie at a game - she is on the E

Long Lost Friend!
BYUH played BYU and Brooke is on the team - Maggie was so happy to see her even for just a few minutes!
Living so far away from home, she doesn't get to see many friendly faces from home!
and last - a quick video - I still can't believe Maggie become a cheerleader - 
(side note - in talking to Maggie's friend, Jamie the other day, he said "I know her better than most and I would have NEVER guessed she would become a cheerleader!" I KNOW, RIGHT?!)
But here is a little bit of proof!
She is in the center (kind of in front of the computer on the table)
Note how cute she is in that cheer outfit! I LOVE that she has tried something 
new and so out of her box!
I also love how the announcer says ALOOO-HA!
 GO SEASIDERS!! GO MAGGIE!!



No comments: