Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas 2015

Traditionally, the four of us stay at home and spend the holidays together - just us.
But this year, my mom asked us to come to her house. Actually, she always does, but this year we felt that we needed to go.
The kids were game, but still wanted their Christmas traditions to be met.
So, we bumped Christmas and Christmas Eve up a day!

Maggie and Tim taking turns reading about the birth of Christ.
I swear they aren't bored, just listening!

Next is Daddy reading them 'Twas the Night Before Christmas before bed on "Christmas Eve
(in their new Christmas JimJams of'course)


Waiting on the stairs 'Christmas Morning" for Daddy to say they can come see what Santa left for them!
This year, he just left one big gift for each of us - the rest of the gifts were left at Nana and Pa's house.
We were to hang stockings there too.

after opening one gift, we piled in the car and headed to San Antonio

Actual Christmas morning at Nana's.
Ethan was very happy!

I think the truck was a hit!


I haven't seen this tree (that I grew up with) in years!

Ethan showing his Papa the lights!


 We came back the morning after Christmas and headed to Gilmer for Gran and Papa's house.
I guess I was lazy this year and didn't take many photos - the above are from Maggies phone - so I just got one pic with the cousins who were there
Lindsey, Kyndal, Maggie, Railey, Dylan & Tim


The best gift of the year went to Tim!
After the presents were all unwrapped and breakfast was finished - Maggie asked everyone to come watch a video she had made of her last month or so at school. It was her way of giving Tim his gift!
Click the link to watch:


He will be on the island with her for his 16th birthday - just the two of them! As his mom, and with him being my last baby - I will admit that I don't love him being away for his special day, but what great memories my kids will be making together! 

No comments: