Monday, December 22, 2008

Nana & Pa

I may be wrong, but I don't know that - other than wedding photos - I have ever seen any pictures of my parents together. Weird - they have been married for over 40 years - you would think I would find at least one! We never even took family photos until I demanded it as an adult, and even then, we have only done that twice! So, when they came to visit, I insisted that they let me snap a few shots. My father wasn't very excited about it, but he did cooperate and I am so pleased that I have some nice photos to pass along to my kids now!
These are my parents, Steve & Margie Akin.

Married August 8, 1964



Maggie jumping in the photos - at this point I had lost all control and they were playing "America's Next Top Model"! Who is the grown up here?

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

OH MY GOSH! Your mom does some of the same faces as you and Maggie!HAHAHAA

The Texas Links said...

I love these! Your mom is so pretty. (you can tell her I said that) Good shots too, jen. We should go shooting some time. I have a feeling I'm getting some cool photo stuff for Christmas. We'll see...