Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Charlie's Lucky Morning!

Somehow a bag of cookies ended up getting knocked off of the pantry shelf onto the floor this morning before school without my noticing. - I'm sure in Maggie's haste to get her Granola Bar. When I came home from dropping off the kids, I discovered the spilled cookies and quickly picked them up and threw them away - all the while thinking how grateful I was that Charlie didn't discover them first.
I did notice that he was by the back door, waiting patiently to be let outside - but I took my time cleaning up the kitchen a bit first. Then I got distracted by some paperwork needing to be returned to Tim's class, wrote a few checks, etc.
Out of the corner of my eye I see Charlie - still by the back door staring at me - head down, eyes upward - obviously hoping I don't look at him too closely.
When I ask him what is wrong, he lifts his head and this is what I see!

I tell him to drop it, and he does - but it is so soggy from being held in his mouth for who knows how long, that I didn't want to touch it! When I let him know that it was OK to eat it- he acted like he had just found a pot of golden...well, cookies!
He proudly took it outside to enjoy his treasure in the sunshine -It was his lucky morning for sure!

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

Did I look like that when I had one of those cookies in MY mouth?!