Tuesday, April 28, 2009

CTR 6

So as a lot of you know, I have been released from my Young Women calling. It was a great few years and I love the girls dearly - however, they were never as funny as the kids in my new calling!
I am actually serving in two callings, Activity Day girls on Tuesday nights, and the CTR6 class on Sundays. It's the 6 year old's that are the funny ones!
I told a friend about some of the funny things that they do and she suggested that I blog about them - so here goes.
(Please keep in mind two things...#1 I am not a very funny person, and A LOT may get lost in the translation. #2 There are things that make you say "You just had to be there.")



While telling the kids about the golden plates and how Joseph Smith came to have them - a really important story in LDS history- I found myself pleased at how well they were listening. They were all absolutely enthralled in the story - except for little Monica.

ok, let me back up - do you remember those fuzzy worms on the fishing wire? Well, Monica had one with her this day.

Back to Monica - Remember, kids quiet, edge of their seats...
I had to do a double take as a caught a glimpse of her in the corner of my eye. She was sitting there, still and quiet and completely serious - staring at me with this worm folded in half to make the shape of a tear drop placed at the corner of her eye, with THE SADDEST FACE you have ever seen - like she was crying this huge purple tear! Corners of her mouth turned down in a great big frown, blinking back these imaginary tears, she sat like that the entire time! You have no idea how hard it was to keep my composure and finish my story!



Next funny thing from Sunday -


As class began, before the fuzzy tear thing happened, Knowing that I was going to need their full attention for my story, I reminded them that I had been very sick the week before. I told them that I still wasn't feeling great and it would help me a lot for them to be reverent.


Hannah: What was wrong with you?


Me: I had Pneumonia!


Reuben: What is doo-monia?


Me: It's like a cold in your chest


Sasha: I have AHHstma (emphasis on the AH, like say AHH)


Hannah: I had a cold once


Andrew: I had a cold once


Preston: I had a cold once

Reuben: I threw up once

Monica: You know what I had once? I had, (dramatic pause, eyes big and serious)


D-I-A-R-H-E-A!

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

Honestly, I'm wipping the tears out of my eyes I'm laughing so hard!