Monday, April 20, 2009

Movie night with Tim - aka, Mom's big mistake!

Tim and I found ourselves at home alone on Friday night, so we decided to watch a movie.
We chose Marley and Me.
I had read the book about a year ago and remembered liking it and had heard good things about the movie. I was hesitant to watch it in the theater because I had been warned about the need for tissues - I know i cried in the book too! Tim and I thought we could be strong and go ahead and watch it at home -
Boy! Were we wrong!
About half way through the movie he started asking, "Is Marley gonna die?" I remained silent. His question became more and more urgent as the movie progressed, and by the time the movie was over, he and I were both sobbing! Not just crying, but SOBBING!
Tim cried so hard he couldn't even talk and his breathing was more like gulping for air!
Tommy and Maggie came home moments after the movie ended, and Tim ran downstairs and hugged daddy and tried to tell him about it, but couldn't stop crying long enough for him to understand! Thank goodness daddy is always good for a big hug!
A word to the wise... if you haven't seen the movie, DO NOT watch it with your 9 year old, very sensitive, animal lover child!
P.S. the next movie we watched was Seven Pounds - again with the sad ending! Tim was very angry about that one and I don't think he will ever watch another movie again!

2 comments:

Kels said...

I could have told you that! We saw this at Christmas with my parents in the theater and I had just told them I was pregnant. First I get all upset because she miscarries, and then of course Marley dies (which I knew because I read the book) but there was definitely uncontrollable sobbing. Well I pull myself together halfway and we go to visit Levi's mom, which she works at the same mall as the movie. I walk in and start SOBBING again in the middle of Chico's and she can't understand me so I can even tell her why I am crying. Wow, embarassing. It was a good movie, but can't decide if I want to put myself through it again!

Stefanie said...

Taylor went and saw this like a week after Dallas died. Yea, sad huh?!