Friday, October 1, 2010

Details

Every morning after my shower - I take a few minutes & jump on my computer to check 3 things - my emails, my facebook and my blog. I like to see what is going on in everyones world - big or small. I especially love the blog - Even the most insignificant posts give me a little thrill when they pop up as new post alert!
Those simple posts make my morning a little more bright!

also

I have noticed that anytime I have occasion to open my nightstand drawer, I pull out my old journals and read through old entries. I love to lay across my bed, with the dog and cat curled up next to me and remember. I almost always end up teary eyed!
I have also been known to spend hours reading through old blog posts - I just like remembering all of those special occasions.

So I am going to try and post more about our everyday life - i think it is important to celebrate even the mundane things. I look forward to looking back and seeing what funny or amazing or horrible things happened to our little foursome. The kids are changing at a head spinning rate and I don't want to lose the details.

You know what I mean - like, when you are decorating for Christmas and the kids are so excited to pull out their favorite ornament - that first look as it is unwrapped after a long year in the attic is magical to me!
Or when you find a slip of paper that has your teenagers "FOR MY MOM" poem - written with heartfelt words , way back in the first grade - can't you just see their sweet face as they presented it to you all those years ago? Can't you just feel their warm snugly body as you squeezed them tight to thank them?
Those are the details i am speaking of -

I warn all of you who follow us - some posts will certainly be skip worthy - just remember, I am doing this for my own sentimental reasons!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I always get a thrill when I read YOUR blog posts, no matter how silly they are. :) Those are the best ones! Hahaha we are a lot alike. I do the same three things on my computer in the same order every day. Except I do it all at night before I go to bed. I don't know WHY I still check my blog anymore--I never write anything new and no one ever comments. I guess I just like the music. Anyways. I love you, and I am so glad that I can feel your happy, beautiful Spirit from so far away thanks to your talented writing! You always make my day. Love, Laura Anne

Laura said...

BTW, I will be writing more soon. General Conference, my haircut, my grandma and great-grandparents visit until Halloween, school...