Friday, October 1, 2010

SWEET 16!

Pretty much ever since maggie was born, she and I have talked about what a great party she would have for her sixteenth birthday! We dreamed of a hotel ball room, an amazing D.J., and all of her friends dancing the night away!
And then the time came to plan said party, and she decided to redecorate her bedroom with her party fund instead - much to my dismay :(

So here are the pics from her sort'of uneventful Sweet 16!

the traditional birthday chair cover - i made this years ago and it MUST be brought out on everyones special day!
Years ago, Tommy got a marker and a stack of construction paper and made this decoration. He put one up for all of us each year, and the kids thought it was funny that dad drew bubble letters, so I finally just laminated them for use year after year!


My fridge calender - marking Maggie's Day!!

The 'Sweet 16 Fairy' came and visited our yard!


Maggie chose dinner at Johnny Carrinos because she LOVES their strawberry lemonade and baked cheese tortellini
with some of her favorite people!
Tim, Haley and Justin



idk what was so funny...

Maggie and Justin after dinner


I am so excited for my baby girl - she is growing up and has untied the 'apron strings' - I love seeing her make independent choices and take steps to becoming a woman everyday.
On the flip side of that, it breaks my heart to see my beautiful girl spreading her wings as she prepares to leave our little nest.
Her daddy and I love her so much and are pleased with what a
great girl she has turned out to be.

Happy Sweet 16 Maggie Grace!!

No comments: