Saturday, October 9, 2010

friends for life!


I am sure I have written a post much like this one in the past - but here are a few of the latest pics of Maggie and her Best girl friend, Haley:


They met just a few days after we moved into Forney way back in Maggie's 2nd grade year. Most people see them as being SO different - Maggie is gregarious and outspoken, while Haley is reserved and comes across as a bit of an introvert. (she's not, by the way)
Most people throughout the years have speculated that they would grow their own separate ways and be unable or unwilling to maintain their friendship.

Those people have been very wrong!

Maggie and Haley have stuck together and I can certainly see them staying close through boys and kids and jobs and anything else that may come their way.

I have seen them cry and fight and administer a bit of the silent treatment - I have seen them hug and snuggle and share secrets. I have seen them kick and punch and scream at one another. I have seen them giggle and sing and dance together.
They understand each other.



I recently was reminded of how much Maggie loves Haley, when she related an incident that happened at school (I will spare you the details) - as she was telling me about how happy she was for Haley, I could see the joy on her face and the tears in her eyes.
Maggie tells me all of the time how she thinks Haley is the most beautiful girl on the planet.
I am certain that Haley loves Maggie just as much.




Wouldn't it be nice to have a lifelong friend like that? These girls have something special and I envy them!

1 comment:

Leighana said...

Thats awesome. Seriously, to have a friend that really is legit, and loves you, and will actually stay with you for years..is amazing!

Oh and the pictures are so pretty :P