Thursday, February 11, 2010

4th grade valentine

Just like every other 4th grade kid in america, Tim had to make a valentine box for school.
Now, in our house, this is a big occasion! It's the one time of the year when the kids can actually show their creativity in school!

I wish that I could find pics of valentine boxes past - they have been amazing! We have had a giant robot, a life sized lollipop, a cool lego block and countless others.
We DO NOT approve of plain shoe boxes covered in red construction paper - we are embarrassed for those who bring paper sacks - come on people, get creative - it is super fun!!


Nana happens to be visiting right now, and Tim enlisted her help. He knew what he wanted his box to look like, but needed help making it happen... here are the results!




Awesome right?
One hour and 70 billion feet of foil later - it's done! Another successful box!
Tim, you are sure to attract tons of Valentine cards with this baby!
Great Job, Tim and Nana!!!

6 comments:

Stefanie said...

SUPER COOL Tim!

jed-laura said...

ok, So I went into Alli's school to help with the kindergarden valentine BAGS......... so .... um... yeah.... I actually think they did a great job, or at least I did until I saw TIm's amazing creation. That is such a good idea. Now I know who to go to when Alli gets older and graduates from v-day bags!

Jared and Lindsey said...

That's Awesome!

eva said...

Wow! That's the best Valentine box i've ever seen!!!

The Burnetts said...

Way cute. I'm going to have to remember this one. It's great that your mom was there to help. How fun.

Kristi said...

Holy crow that is the coolest box EVER! You would think I was WAY lame with the boxes I've made for Chandler although I tend to think that the paper sack has a sort of old school, southern charm to it. I really think that next year we will be trying out something way creative like this. WAY TO GO TIM! Love the picture of Tim and Nana! Too cute!