Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines Day 2009

Unfortunately, this Valentines day weekend wasn't the romantic holiday that it should have been. I have had a stomach virus - YUCK - and just wasn't into celebrating. However, the kids did do some fun things!
Let's start with friday. Tim had a party at school - I am room mom, so I had to put aside my nausea and focus on the kids for a few hours. He decorated cookies, had pizza and drinks, played "love- lingo- bingo", exchanged valentines, played a game and won 2nd prize in the box decorating contest - for his LEGO box!
Then Maggie had an 8th grade social/valentines dance at her middle school. Again, ignoring my nausea - I was a chaperon. They had a dance with a really good DJ set up in the gym and a cake walk, dance dance revolution, rock band, and a photo booth set up in some of the nearby classrooms. Maggie would not have gone except that student council was in charge, so she had to - but I think she ended up having a good time anyway. Then I drove her and some of her friends out to Terrell to have a late, late dinner at the IHOP.

Kaleb, Haley, Maggie, Jimmy, Landon, Josh, Trey

Saturday morning came - actually Valentines Day!- and I got up and found cards and candy for me, Maggie and Tim from sweet Tommy. Of'course - still trying to not throw up anymore - I will wait on that candy! I actually forgot to give the kids their valentine from me!

Tim's card from Tommy - Tim thought it was funny!

Then I left my family to go photograph a wedding (mine and Stefanie's first paying job!) Not long after I returned home, Maggie and Tommy left for the TCU vs. BYU basketball game. Amber, Maggie and Carlie BYU is winning...of'course!

That brings me here - skipping church so as not to spread my stomach virus to anyone in our ward family! The plan for tomorrow is for me to feel better (cross your fingers) and to make Tommy a wonderful dinner and chocolate covered strawberries.
Happy sort'of Valentines Day to my family!

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

I LOVE Tim's box! How dang cute.

Sariah said...

Tim's lego box is da bomb! Very creative!