Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Blessings #1

I found myself feeling very grateful for a lot of things at the end of 2008, and I liked the way being thankful feels - even for the small everyday things.

Of'course, the big things count too, but they are easier to recognize and don't take much effort to notice. Those things -like my family, the gospel, good health, answered prayers, a testimony- I certainly am grateful for those - but it is the small things that I find too easy to lose sight of. So, I have been trying to watch for things to appreciate each day. I'm afraid that as the new year goes on and life gets more and more busy, I will become forgetful. I do not want that to happen, so I am going to make myself accountable to this family blog! I am going to try each week to think about and list the things that have made me happy. I am bullying my family into joining me - we'll see how it goes!

I am grateful for...

Tommy: being able to get out of bed each morning and go running, a good job, enough money to pay taxes

Jenni: a smooth day on tuesday, a nice lady at the post office, good conversation with the old men at Tim's barber shop, comfortable slippers to walk around with on my cold wood floors, time to think about and listen to some of the old songs that i love and haven't heard in YEARS (I added some to my playlist), the wonderful book that Kathi Martin gave to me ('the parable of the chocolate chips'), Tim's love.

Maggie: some blow off classes this week in between exams, good music, i-phone

Tim: making a 100 on the TAKS reading benchmark! my pets, a clean room, the weather being too cold to ride my bike to school this morning - riding in the warm car
in the warm car!

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

Stefanie-I am thankful for cupcake jammies.