Monday, January 19, 2009

M.L.K day?

M.L.K day - or Let's go Play day?
My kids are just happy to have a day off from school. The reason doesn't matter at all!
We decided to go check out some of the antique malls in town. Forney is, after all, the Antique Capitol of Texas!
We have lived here for 6 years and never ventured into one of those stores. Wow! We were sure missing out! The kids had a great time seeing all of the crazy things - from cabinets full of naked mannequin parts to 20' tall porcelain chicken dressed as waiters!
Then we stopped by the park for a minute to play, came home and played CLUE, and just hung out around the house. Sometimes, simply waisting the day away together is the best kind of fun!
We missed you Tommy - thanks for going to work everyday for us. We love you.





remember Rikki, from 'Girls just wanna have fun'?

Tim's favorite number!




Bye! We're going to Narnia!





Even with all of the WAY COOL props at our disposal,

I did manage to snap one good picture of each of the kids!




P.S. In trying to get a book put together of my 2008 blogs, I realized that I had to go back and find all of my slide pictures if I wanted them included in the book. I don't know why I didn't think of that before - dumb, i guess! So from now on my posts will be long, as I am not really going to use the slide feature anymore. Now i will put all of my pics in the actual post. Bear with me!












3 comments:

Stefanie said...

Those stores are really creepy, but make for GREAT pictures. I just wished that when we went I had my way cool camera. I guess we'll just have to go back. VERY FUN!

Sariah said...

Christopher and I checked out those store when we first moved here 4 years ago and haven't been back. Mostly b.c we were having near heart attacks keeping toddlers from destroying the place!

About "slide"...now you know why my posts are so obnoxiously full of pictures! I just call my blog and "picture blog". And who cares right!?!? It's your blog and you can do what you wanna! So much easier this way. Do you still need some help with the book?

Jared and Lindsey said...

I really love these pictures! Your a great photographer!