Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The sweetest e-mail we've received this year!

FORNEY INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT
E-Mail Message sent - 1/28/2009
School Closing Jan. 28


All Forney ISD schools are closed today, Wednesday, Jan. 28, due to icy road conditions.

Remember when you were a kid and would sit by the radio or t.v. waiting for your school to be announced? Well, times have changed and now the message is sent out by e-mail and telephone too!
Our phone rang at 6:00a.m. Maggie and I answered at the same time and listened to the sweet, sweet words...
"All Forney ISD schools are closed today, Wednesday, Jan. 28, due to icy road conditions."

The next thing I heard was Maggie's hurried footsteps as she headed to my room to snuggle in my bed! She slept until about 9:00 - that is late for her. Tim came into my room in a panic at about 8:30 thinking I had overslept. He was super excited to learn that school was canceled!
Unlike Maggie, Tim wasn't interested in going back to sleep. He watched a movie with Maggie and then spent a few hours working on a painting. I'm sure I'll post a picture of it when he is finished.

Maggie intended to take her free day to clean (I know, it's weird, but she loves to clean - deep clean and organize!) She only got a couple of rooms done when all of her friends started showing up - 9 of them in all. They baked some yummy peanut butter crisscross cookies. The boys even washed their hands before they got started! Hard to believe, isn't it?!

Mag, Jociel, Trey and Josh


Tim and background cookie balls

They got a little distracted when a good song came on and took a break from the cookies to dance!

Yes, they really are cleaning up their mess!

First hand washing, then sweeping, what's next?!!

Amber and Trey


Tim had a few friends show up too - they jumped and wrestled on the trampoline in the freezing weather. They'll probably all be sick tomorrow!

Tim, Emma and John Matthew


Tommy came home early -about 3:00! He wanted to go see a movie with the kids, but thought better of it when he walked in to find the whole neighborhood in the house!So, he decided to nurse his cold a bit, and just relax upstairs in front of the t.v.
Now Tim is at a friends house and Maggie is down to only one friend over, so I have a moment of quiet to blog in! It is too bad that everyone has to go back to normal life tomorrow.

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

brepIt WAS a fun day!
Hey is that Amber sweeping?? I'm not sure I've ever seen that before!

TheRobertsonClan said...

That looks like it turned out to be a great day. I must say I do love having the school call instead of searching on the news!!! They did call every number we gave them, George's cell, home and my cell!! Jeremy woke up and thought we slept in too.. It was funny. I spent the day with a plumber fixing a busted sprinkler pipe in the yard which had been spewing water for about 15hours!!! Dont' want to see that bill!!!! Great pics though...